- Provider Group management - overall management of assigned Provider Groups; fostering an environment of strong positive relationships and process innovation.
- Proactively identify Provider Group’s needs, resolving and communicating concerns or complaints regarding ACO programs to maintain Provider Group satisfaction.
- Strategic planning with ACO to drive enrollment numbers for specific products for unique Provider Groups and increase the competency of the provider to the network performance.
- Responsible for coordinating and facilitating all meetings with Provider Group’s Office Managers and Care Team trainings.
- Responsible for delivering feedback to Catalyst Health Network leadership from the assigned Provider Network.
- Coordinate with the Director of Program Management to bring innovative processes, reporting, and communication integration for all Provider Groups.
- Identify opportunities for improved processes and Provider Group participation in established ACO programs.
- Conduct and assure that all Provider Group’s trainings, reporting, compliance and site visits are completed within established time frames.
- Manage ongoing processes, new integration processes, and utilization reporting.
- Continuous mindset toward efficiency and process improvement – how to apply technology and processes to improve delivery and efficiency from both the Provider Group and internal perspective.
- Oversee the maintenance of the Performance Advocates database that includes all participating physicians and ancillary providers for the assigned territory
- Complete all provider orientations, educational training, and site visits within designated timeframes.
- Represent the organization well at all times; support its mission, goals and objectives; participate as a ‘team player”, constantly supporting others; set an example of high personal and professional conduct for employees and others.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent work experience. (Bachelor’s degree a plus)
- 1-2 years’ experience in a physician’s office or 3-5 years related experience in health care environment serving in a provider relations role.
- Experience in public speaking and/or group presentations.
- Strong client focus (provide examples of success)
- Value people; demonstrate professional respect and innovative mindset.
- Confident in working with heath care professionals.
- Passionate about your work and move forward with purpose; demonstrate clear value and support of your Provider Groups and internal teams.
- Exercise judgment in order to problem solve when the answer is not readily apparent.
- Approach problem solving that involves systems thinking and with a clear value of people – understanding how the whole process works and how people are impacted by your decisions from the Provider Group perspective and internally.
- Strong communication skills – understanding the need for being inclusive for effective results; communicate effectively with both day to day operational resources and executive management.
- Understand sense of urgency, fast-paced and multi-tasking environment; strong organizational skills.
- Solutions oriented mindset, willing to bring Provider Groups results regardless of roles or titles.
- Requires daily local travel to provider offices. (mileage reimbursement provided)
- Willingness and ability to attend after hour business meetings as needed.
- Must maintain valid driver’s license and use personal vehicle for travel.
- Experience with basic Microsoft Office Applications.
Healthcare trailblazer. Top 100 workplace. Fastest growing private company. We’ve been called them all. Here’s one that we’re most proud of: We’re a company that lives our purpose of helping communities thrive.
- Our communities deserve more than the increasingly broken healthcare system we have inherited.
- Innovation must connect the healthcare experience to move people the right way on their health journey.
- Healthcare is better when people are known.
- Those who have earned the most trust will produce the most meaningful change.
Every day, our team works to turn those beliefs into actions that are poised to change the way people think about and receive healthcare. Every day, we support people’s health journeys by authentically living our values: Purpose Driven, Relationships Matter, Serve Others First and Inspire Creativity.
Our inclusive and vibrant culture empowers team members strive, perform and have a lot of fun on the way.
If this connects with you, we’re looking for exceptional talent with a growth mindset … people who are ready to make an impact. We look forward to meeting you!
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)