- Utilize proper recordkeeping in appropriate systems as related to patient interactions, inventory management, prescription processing, delivery management
- Accurately completes prescription data entry, filling, packaging, and logistics steps
- Accessing, inputting, and retrieving information through the Pharmacy’s computer network to maintain accurate records
- Create accurate prescription labels, obtain refill authorizations from prescribers
- Maintain accurate patient/ client profiles and prepare third-party insurance claims
- Complies with all Texas State Board of Pharmacy rules, regulations, and pharmacy procedures
- Complies with Customer Service expectations as applicable to the Department
- Professionally answer phones and direct customer calls to the appropriate personnel
- Handle customer problems/ concerns in a calm manner while escalating to the appropriate person for resolution
- Promoting teamwork, professional services, and clear communication
- Understand confidentiality with respect to patient/ client care; complying with all federal and state laws applicable to the confidentiality of protected health information (PHI) and electronically protected health information (EPHI), and follow HIPAA guidelines regarding readily identifiable protected health information
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Pharmacy technician license or pharmacy technician trainee license from the Texas State Board
- Strong organizational and time management skills, able to work with little supervision while handling numerous projects at once
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills, especially the ability to communicate telephonically in a professional and effective manner.
- Computer literacy in Word and Excel
- Ability to handle multiple demands of diverse workload and prioritize urgent issues
- Work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Ability to read and transcribe pharmaceutical information
- Stand for long periods of time, sit for intermittent periods of time
- Bend, reach, climb, squat, lift, push, or pull a minimum of 40 lbs
- Experience in a community pharmacy setting
- Experience with pharmacy dispensing systems and automation
Healthcare trailblazer. Top 100 workplace. Fastest growing private company. We’ve been called them all. Here’s one that we’re most proud of: We’re a company that lives our purpose of helping communities thrive.
- Our communities deserve more than the increasingly broken healthcare system we have inherited.
- Innovation must connect the healthcare experience to move people the right way on their health journey.
- Healthcare is better when people are known.
- Those who have earned the most trust will produce the most meaningful change.
Every day, our team works to turn those beliefs into actions that are poised to change the way people think about and receive healthcare. Every day, we support people’s health journeys by authentically living our values: Purpose Driven, Relationships Matter, Serve Others First and Inspire Creativity.
Our inclusive and vibrant culture empowers team members strive, perform and have a lot of fun on the way.
If this connects with you, we’re looking for exceptional talent with a growth mindset … people who are ready to make an impact. We look forward to meeting you!
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)