- Understand confidentiality with respect to patient/ client care; complying with all federal and state laws applicable to the confidentiality of protected health information (PHI) and electronic protected health information (EPHI); and follow HIPAA guidelines regarding readily identifiable protected health information
- Reviews medication adherence reports to remove patients who do not meet criteria for intervention
- Loads intervention opportunities into Care Management program, prioritizing them according to risk, and assigning them to the correct pharmacist
- Provides telephonic follow up with pharmacies to verify patients pick up medications, closing care gaps.
- Organize daily call lists in preparation for the Pharmacist
- Facilitate patients to the Pharmacist for all clinical needs
- Complete assigned tasks related to medication adherence services.
- Accessing, inputting, and retrieving information through the Care Management computer network to maintain accurate records
- Obtain refill authorizations from prescribers
- Provides medication adherence services utilizing prescribed workflows
- Participates in scheduled quality meetings
- Comply with established procedures, rules, and regulations
- Completes clear and concise documentation in Care Management programs
- Professionally answer phones and direct customer calls to the appropriate personnel
- Handle customer problems/concerns in a calm manner and referring them to the pharmacist accordingly and notify the pharmacist of any issues
- Promoting teamwork, professional services and clear communication
- Recognizes and adheres to the scope / limitations of job requirements
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Pharmacy technician license or pharmacy technician trainee license from the Texas State Board
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Ability to read and transcribe pharmaceutical information
- Sit for long periods of time, stand for intermittent periods of time
- Bend, reach, climb, squat, lift, push, or pull a minimum of 40 lbs.
Healthcare trailblazer. Top 100 workplace. Fastest growing private company. We’ve been called them all. Here’s one that we’re most proud of: We’re a company that lives our purpose of helping communities thrive.
- Our communities deserve more than the increasingly broken healthcare system we have inherited.
- Innovation must connect the healthcare experience to move people the right way on their health journey.
- Healthcare is better when people are known.
- Those who have earned the most trust will produce the most meaningful change.
Every day, our team works to turn those beliefs into actions that are poised to change the way people think about and receive healthcare. Every day, we support people’s health journeys by authentically living our values: Purpose Driven, Relationships Matter, Serve Others First and Inspire Creativity.
Our inclusive and vibrant culture empowers team members strive, perform and have a lot of fun on the way.
If this connects with you, we’re looking for exceptional talent with a growth mindset … people who are ready to make an impact. We look forward to meeting you!
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)